The German-Turkish Youth Bridge plans to intensify youth exchange between Germany and Turkey and to establish a central platform for all teenagers and young adults, parents, teachers and youth work professionals who are or wish to become active in youth exchange between Germany and Turkey. The German-Turkish Youth Bridge intends to improve the possibilities of this bilateral exchange with specific programmes, by pooling the already existing measures and by creating possibilities of promoting new initiatives. The goal is to create a better understanding for each other and to continue strengthening the relationships. The German-Turkish Youth Bridge will be represented with its offices in Istanbul and Düsseldorf.
The German-Turkish Youth Bridge is an initiative of Stiftung Mercator. At the Turkey-Office in Istanbul, which is hosted by Toplum Gönüllüleri Vakfı (TOG – Community Volunteers Foundation), the following position is to fill at the earliest possible date:
- Keynote – Prof. Dr. Joachim Radkau (Bielefeld University): „Ottoman/Turkish Environmental History from a Global Perspective“
- I. TEZ-Vortrag im Wintersemester 2017/18 – Syrische Studierende als „temporäre Gäste“ in der Türkei?
- Turkologentag 2018, Bamberg September 19-21 – 3rd European Convention on Turkic, Ottoman & Turkish Studies
- Harte Fragen zum Frieden – Konferenz Eröffnung Off-University (7.10.2017 – Alice Salomon Hochschule Berlin)
- Politische Kritik in der Türkei – an der Istanbul-Biennale ist das möglich